The technology behind every payment choice
Bango approaches sustainability and social responsibility from a pragmatic standpoint. The Bango ESG focus is not viewed as a separate exercise to be “completed”, but as a core part of the Bango strategy, integrated into work life and management processes. Through this integrated approach, Bango ensures every area of the business delivers sustainable benefits for our customers, employees, and investors.
The two major areas of focus for Bango’s sustainability plans are:
Protecting the Environment
- Bango takes actions to reduce the environmental impact of our business as an integral part of our business strategy and operating processes.
- Bango has been certified as a carbon-neutral business. This is an important milestone that many of the largest technology companies have yet to obtain. For more details, please see the PAS 2060 Qualifying Explanatory Statement, found here.
- As a software platform provider, power required for data centers is a significant contributor to Bango’s environmental footprint. Bango limits the impact in various ways, for example, all Bango data centers source 100% of their energy from renewable sources and Bango ensures all equipment is recycled rather than being disposed of.
- As a digital business much of Bango is already paperless. When paper is required, employees limit the environmental impact by using only recycled and recyclable paper products.
- Bango recognizes the impact of travel on the environment and has taken actions to reduce the impact, such as: finding alternatives to work-related travel, promoting and encouraging the use of public transport where possible and offering employees a cycle-to-work scheme and an electric car leasing program.
- In the workplace, Bango provides training to ensure staff can take into account their individual environment impact. Bango reduces the need for disposable products in our workspaces and sources recycled items wherever possible.
For more information, please read our environmental policy.
- Bango is committed to high standards in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and recognizes that, in doing so, we will create significant value for all stakeholders and a rewarding environment for our employees.
- Bango promotes its THRIVE values (Transparent, Happy, Reliable, Innovative, Victorious, Expressive) which communicates to customers, partners and employees the way we choose to work. The THRIVE values are embedded in day-to-day life at Bango and are the true essence of what Bango believes in as a company.
- Each year Bango conducts an employee engagement survey to measure how the company lives up to these high standards. Feedback given is used to produce an engagement survey action list so that we can continue to improve. The success of this is shown with the current engagement score of 82% for 2021, which increased on an already high score achieved in 2020.
- Bango believes that equality, diversity and inclusion are three vital ingredients for a thriving, vibrant company. Bango aims to make the most of the collective talents of its staff by promoting diversity as a key objective and benefit to the business. Bango employees are encouraged to visit and work from regional offices, to better understand the workplace and social cultures of the countries from which we operate. With people from 18 different countries and 52% of managers and leaders identifying as non-male, Bango benefits from different backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.
- Bango has a community outreach policy, where employees are encouraged to bring their social interests to the company and undertake activities that support community projects. Bango co-funds these initiatives. Rather than select one charity, Bango matches money raised by employees for charity. In 2021, Bango is committed to encouraging its people to do more work with the charities of their choice and is aiming to increase this matched funding program by 5x.
For more information, please read our social policy.