“Bango has announced what is, in our view, a significant Direct Carrier Billing (“DCB”) launch with Amazon in Japan. Bango Platform technology is enabling customers on Japan’s two largest mobile operator networks to purchase physical goods from Amazon Japan, charging the cost to their phone bill. We believe this is the first carrier billing payments service for physical goods from Amazon. The announcement contains no details on the terms of the transaction and for now we make no revisions to forecasts. Nevertheless, with the Japanese e-commerce market estimated at US$100bn annually and Amazon the market leader, we expect the deal to be substantial for Bango.” PERL, 2017
Some browsers require you to add an RSS Feed Reader plug-in to display the feed.
- PERL note: “Further moves into Africa”
- Announcement: Bango Platform enables 9pay wallet for Google Play users in Nigeria
- Announcement: Bango extends carrier billing for Amazon customers in Japan
- PERL note: “Two pieces of positive news”
- Announcement: Bango expands in South Korea to support retail and IoT payments